Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Scrap


Falling behind in pictures for posting again due to varied activities. I went up to the water pipe works one last time with Sammy. Everything is sorted out so Sammy got a little pocket money out of it. I need some good Karma, so I refrained from billing beyond that. I took away half a dozen old mining drill shafts and an electric bull chisel cum jack hammer that had once been the property of the old lady's husband. His was one of the many village funerals we have attended.
I also took a load of other iron scrap up to the local dealer for her and he had a router device sitting on top of a pile of stuff. I took that away and inquired about a couple of those electric wheel chairs he had. The motors and batteries looked interesting.
I put a new cord on the router which is now set up as a dedicated bench router so I will no longer need to bother with bolting the plunge router under there. It was a lucky coincidence that the chuck had the same thread as my Hitachi.
I investigated the bull chisel, too. That needed oil and it had lost one of the carbon brush covers. It was interesting to see how the old chap had whittled down a piece of pvc to act as a replacement and then bolted on a strap of aluminium to hold that in place. I have a jam jar full of brushes from odds and ends and one of the caps in there was a perfect fit. The tool came with a nice little shovel, so we will have a lovely little jack hammer for any more digging we do.