Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Chopped

I chopped out the hole for the drawer today, so that is decided. I didn't want to use the circular saw, I have a very wide blade for a jigsaw that will cut nice and straight, but it wouldn't fit in the saw because of a bar across the front of the base plate. I chopped that off with the grinder and was immediately happier with the saw as the surgery allowed me to see the blade cut a lot more easily.
The morning went on transcribing a video of young americans at a diet boot camp. The longest stayed inmate had been there nearly six months at a cost of 90 thousand dollars. That is a huge amount of money to me. The other amazing feature was the steak and green beans they were eating up. They said they found it hard at first to get used to the small portions. They were talking about something of a luxuriant size I don't see on my plate very often. Hard times indead. Of course I wish them luck with their weight loss, but my goodness, someone is smiling on their way to the bank somewhere.