Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Done

Thankfully my alieness has now been reregistered and after a major trek I also have my replacement driving license. I left home at half past nine and returned around half past six traveling about on trains and camped out against walls and in uncomfortable chairs while the papermills processed my applications and ID chips were embedded in suitable locations. I am truly grateful that the majority of my time is not spent in this sort of activity. It is utterly amazing that people retain any semblance of humanity doing this kind of thing on a daily basis. I am sure it would not be long before I went nutty if I had to do the whole commute again the next day.
On my way back I thought I ought to get a replacement wallet too, so I bought a little sky blue number and a little spring loaded reel of twine in a similar color to keep the thing attached to my person while out and about. I think any future searches, should they become necessary, will be greatly facilitated by the orphaned item being any color other than brown. Being that my usual habitat is in the vicinity of woodpiles and such earth colored regions, provided I don't fall in the sea I should be able to spot the wallet if I drop it. Now that I have got everything replaced I await the discovery that my old wallet has been hiding in the fridge or somewhere equally unlikely.