Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mr P Scum takes the road

This afternoon I felt sufficiently recuperated to offer my daughter chauffeur service.
Just the usual run to the station in the little truck, but it was astonishingly novel for me after four days in limbo. A little like the first go on a roller coaster where one is not quite sure how weird things are going to get. I had a heightened sense of how the front wheel movements dragged the remainder of the vehicle about. My logical mind and the memory of previous experiences acting as sedation while the various cells created since I last got behind the wheel protested that all the wobbling about must surely not be normal. The intricate differences in tug as the rear wheels adopted different rotation speeds around curves was also far more perceivable than I remember it being.
A little like the sense of motion sickness I remember getting from watching TV after a long time having not seen any, each time the camera moves it is like someone is forcibly dragging ones head about to bring certain things into view. This bossy attitude makes ones internal program controller scream out "Go back, I was looking at that other bit". It just goes to show how quickly we become unaccustomed to these things given the chance.