Sunday, February 08, 2009

Pond scum

I am afraid that any account of my current daily doings must hinge upon stories brought to you from the world of delirium. I did manage to perk up for the Skype session, but today find that I have once again slipped down the evolutionary pool to resume my post among the pond scum.
So far the bouts of weird vision have been quite varied and interesting, to me at least. Today I find myself utterly convinced that among the known forces of Gravity, Electromagnetism, etc. we must also do Life the courtesy of having its own calculations applied. We hear a lot about string theory and its quest for new dimensions curled upon those in which we dwell. Indeed one analogy intended to enlighten uninformed folk like myself is of ants crawling along and around a wire that we only perceive as a two dimensional entity. All happily within their own third dimension, which for us is therefore an invisible fifth. For my overheated brains we and our living partners squiggling among the inert matter are one such hidden domain, one can but wonder if we are actually invisible to the rest of the universe. Could it not be that the forces give rise to dimensions my brain tea cup demands as it boils. Gravity to electromagnetism, then on to the forces of strong and weak attraction until Time our 4th dimension gives rise to Life our much sought after fifth, which we fail to perceive as it dwells out of sight within us.
There you are, very feverish "thinking" pond scum with an Internet connection that briefly regains the ability to type between coughs. Happier times ahead I hope.