Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stainless

I discovered a few stainless steel welding rods so went back to my practical tests for a short spell this morning. Much easier, but still no cigar winner in my opinion. Had fun drawing at least. 
Even though I have one of those auto darkening helmets it is easier to see how things are going with it out of the way. 
The last volunteer session for the year with the kids at school from 2pm today. It sounds like they will be asking me to do it again next year and there is no further cut in the hours, so that is a good sign in terms of the need for creative minds in society. 
Another delivery of wood from down the road had come while I was away, so we may be OK for the season now. I popped straight down to thank the bloke with a few cans of beer that had recently come my way.