Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wood and welding


More wood delivered as the chap down the road tidies up scraps and old wood in readiness for his house construction project. He is being very optimistic as he still hasn't got any kind of approval for the build as yet. In fact the only news has been negative so far due to all the new regulations since the big Kobe earthquake. Apparently our city is one of the sticklers when it comes to the application of rather patchy legislation.
In the afternoon I had a go at retraining myself with stick welding in case I have to do that on one of the upcoming jobs. Not fun at all compared to TIG, just having to clean that slag off every time makes it a miserable job. Perhaps I should just check whether I can get the TIG welder running from a generator instead.
A nice blaze through the round stove window thanks to the charity of near neighbours.