Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Turbine Hall

I suppose there is some unfortunate person out there with cruel parents who bears that title. The orange tip of one of the lateral turbines is just visible down in the pit. This does give some idea of scale as it has the little lego men and women down the end. I am not sure how it compares in size to the Tate modern hall, but it is pretty big.
On today's visit to do a little more discussion of my proposed mission, I was treated to a sighting of an Osprey as we climbed the crooked stairway back up to level ground. Unfortunately I was unable to remember the Japanese name until I got back in the car, but I let one of my companions take a peek through the binoculars, just saying that it was an unusual sighting for me and describing the bird's habit of grabbing fish.