Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pass

Looking back on the week I remember thinking at the start that it would be one of those that fly by. Sunday was a drinking doo with the local community, Monday a day in the workshop with the two ladies who like to make stuff. Today I was sat in the car for a lot of the time driving to a meeting and then on the way back popping in to discuss the lettering on the post box and measure up for some other items. When I got back home the sun was gone from the valley, but still lighting the slopes, so I stuck the tripod and telescope in the basket on the bike and rode up to the pass (Toge) at the top to see if I could catch a bit of brightness while observing distant objects. Thanks to the electric power it is a pleasant ride for exercise rather than the slog it would be without. I just keep pedaling and I think I share the load about 50:50 with the motor. I got worried for the tripod a couple of times going over bumps and had to turn around to check it wasn't allowing any of its limbs to leave the vehicle.