Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Amazon



More of the same today. I made an error yesterday cutting off a workpiece from the bar before I had drawn out a section. I had a choice of either welding a section of bar on to it to act as a handle or take up another old plan and turn some rusty old snips into tongs. The tongs seemed like an item it would be good to have, so I now have a weird little crossbill type creature that has already been very useful. Not the type of thing they sell on amazon, but perhaps there are birds or fish on the river that have similar features. I bought a couple of pairs of the snips at the junk shop so the ones still in rust show how their smaller sibling evolved. The air hammer also in the picture along with some of the items which will next be twisted and bent about to form L shaped arms.