Saturday, October 27, 2012

Rivets



Having planned to draw most days on the blog my life force was somewhat drained by an episode of playing silly buggers on Wednesday leaving me with little but the energy to push the shutter button on the chair for a few days.
I had ordered a couple of cylinders of gas and thought I would try hoiking the empty oxygen tank up from the shop. The back and legs were fine, but the thing was so slippery I really had to hug it tight to lift it at all and that popped a rivet somewhere in the personal rib work on the starboard side. Thankfully general healing seems to have begun and the item is giving me only whispered hints that it will require gentle treatment for a bit rather than screaming blue murder at every jolt. Aside from the obvious blessing of painkillers I also recommend salt in the bath as a healing agent. A bit like salt in the spaghetti water I guess it helps the water warm the necessary portions.