Thursday, October 04, 2012

Greenhouse update



I was impressed by the reaction to an app called ipano I installed on my ipad. In the early naughties I took quite a few panoramas stitched with the panotools set of software that was developing then. On this app they looked quite good and gave a sense of being in the space as the image moved in sync as one panned about with the pad. Sadly I am now a little less friendly with my ipad thanks to ios6. I am utterly astonished by how this update has interfered with my usage of the device. The map issue is a big one, but there are many other issues that really make one rather peevish.
There is a free app called pixeet, which makes it quite easy to stitch together fisheye images, the above is an image of the greenhouse interior as it was today. There are a few other assorted panoramas hosted on the pixeet site, tap on the image icon in the bottom left corner and choose another image from among those that fan out on the screen. I may add some of my original images as pixeet does allow one to add ones own panoramas to the hosting site.
I have been pottering away at the greenhouse structure fitting a door and filling up holes here and there. I hope to get it draught proof by the time the cold sets in.
I am not so keen on the logo inclusion for pixeet images, but it is very easy to feed it images while my ancient panotools technique needs quite a lot of messing about choosing control points. Anyway, it is a little move towards including something interactive and helps take my mind off of how sour it is to have ones sweets snatched away due to petty commercial rivalries.