Sunday, November 04, 2012

Solid



I have been working on the solar panel rotator circuit solidly over the weekend and just got the first tests done as the sunday sun was disappearing behind the mountains, the addition of a circuit of transistors and a photocell or light dependent resistor sends the panel back east when twilight falls.
Luckily the tests were sufficient proof of concept, but thereafter I was quickly drawn into an exploration of many of the lesser clauses of Murphy's law that relate to connection failures. An article or two of Sod's law also found its way into my evening endeavours, but for the most part I have now caulked the leaks in the system. If you are engaging in similar activities never underestimate the ability of any connection to work loose, crack, oxidise or otherwise draw upon itself impairments that hamper the free flow of electrons. Also in my case never underestimate the capability to forget to push switches, insert plugs or make any other blunder that can cause several moments of head scratching.
So, with a few more bits and bobs here and there I can connect the thing up and watch it seek the sun.