Friday, November 24, 2006

Heels

Another troublesome batch of wood made me lurk by the stove longer than normal this evening. I guess I feel a strong sense of responsibility at this time of year. The wood stove is our one source of heat for the home, so it is my major preoccupation. I only feel balanced when I have a good stock of firewood in case it snows and I am constantly checking how the puppy is doing.
Every year I seem to make the same mistake of forgetting how dry things get and I suffer nasty cracks in my heels for a couple of weeks until I can get the skin thinned down by scrubbing away with a pumice stone.
The university drama is now resolved, candidates can check how they did on the web these days so my son input his numbers and checked as soon as he came home and he had been accepted on to the landscape architecture course he had chosen, so he is able to kick his heels for a bit now until that course starts in the spring. He is apparently looking forward to helping out with the firewood, so we should get to spend a bit of time together over the winter.

Charcoal on cartridge 25x25cm