Saturday, November 11, 2006

Primed


Rain stopped play on the brick work.
We had a little happening when a stray baby monkey suddenly appeared in the bushes outside my son's room. He looked very miserable and wet, but I think he was way old enough to chew, so plenty of food about. He freaked me out a little when I first spotted him as he was very close to my feet and all messed up with his feet teeth and eyes all of a mix and fur matted with rain trying to look menacing and escape all at the same time. Then he froze and I could tell what he was. He made a pretty good job of climbing up a drain pipe to get away from us, so hopefully he will make it back to his family in the end.
Pottering around with other stuff, hunted out my can of Gesso to prime some scraps of plywood and cleaned the brush on two sheets of 35x25cm cartridge paper,and this is that paper with some gouache here and there.