Sunday, January 07, 2007

River crew

This was the first set of girls to do the volunteer crafty course ten years ago. All girls back then, but I do get a few boys these days. It was finding this sketch that made me realize I had been doing the thing for ten years. I felt I had to set an example on the day and actually draw something and even put a date on it, which is almost unheard of for me. We never do drawing on the course any more, one or two kids usually suggest it, but they are voted out and the kids have the final say on what we do in each session. It is a shame. Some of the drawing the kids did back then were interesting. I scanned this one of mine and worked over it a bit to make it more printable in black and white, so I guess it is valid as a sketch from today even if it is very out of season. It is going into the report anyway as part of the historical document.

Caran D'ache crayons on cartridge with charcoal overdraw.