Monday, March 26, 2007

Chipper

I really must get off to bed, I have an early start tomorrow taking the misses down to the station. She is off on a little jaunt with friends.

Sammy and I were out on the scaffolding job again today. The chipper machine was working full throttle. It has a big hopper thing in the middle and a grabbing machine picks up loads of timber and drops them in. It is very noisy, throwing the lengths of wood around inside, but the nastiest part is when it runs out of food, then the blades at the bottom must be exposed and it throws out loads of bits and bobs like a baby in a tantrum. They got a lot of good wood turned in to mulch today. It is soul destroying, but I was working up on top today, so I had enough work on my plate to keep my mind off of the destruction. I hope it will be our last day on the job tomorrow, then I can get back to a more organised routine that includes drawing time again.