Friday, May 18, 2007

Glass pig


Today was another of those distracted days with translation work etc, so I decided to focus on glass engraving work for the door rather than the sanding on the table. Glad to have got two of those bits done, I was not sure if my idea would work out, but after a bit of a false start on one piece it went OK. I had the design drawn on a piece of plywood taped under the glass and worked with a little router tool with a flexible shaft. I didn't want to get everything wet, so I had to wear a mask to avoid hoovering up all the glass dust. I did the work in the sink out of habit, that makes it easy to wash the bits off when done and gets rid of the glass dust once finished, otherwise I end up breathing it in when sweeping the floor or something. A sink is useful in the shop for sharpening tools with water stones and whatnot.
Charcoal on cartridge 37x53cm