Thursday, July 26, 2007

Window glass

Another change of pace today. I had a helper down in the shop, so I didn't want to be doing welding. Cutting glass seemed like a good idea with one other person on hand to consult with. So we had a general tidy up on the bench and changed modes for that. I got the glass for the wooden window done and I will do a bit of engraving on the central clear panel related to the plum blossom theme I guess. I don't want the engraving to be exposed, so the central pane has two sheets of glass and one will have the engraving on it.
I also did the glass for the metal window, which you can just see poking out on the right. I am going to try that as a copper foil bonded stained glass widow to see how it goes. I will put in a thick sheet of clear glass in front of it to make it a slightly more noisy prospect should some idiot burglar decide to have at it. I really don't think the front door is a good prospect for burglars anyway, but one must take all normal precautions. I think the locks I use each have at least a ten minute picking guarantee and they seem pretty solid to me. I think I may have to go on to volunteer work tomorrow and Saturday I have an all day event at a local culture center doing a stage decoration. I hope the weather will clear back up again for that. For the moment we are back in the rainy season.