Monday, July 23, 2007

Froggy triangle

Rather a blatant infringement of the personal information act, but as long as I don't disclose any names I don't suppose the authorities will complain. I thought the tree frogs had finished laying for the year, but the bell for round two must have sounded for these. The chap on the end of the congo hopped off for most of the day, but he was back on again when I came up from the shop just now. There is a little foamy ball of eggs in the branches over the roof, which is not good, so I put a plastic bowl with some pond water under it for now, but it will need moving to a spot over the pond once the rain stops. I thought these were going to lay where they were, but they have started to move. I am glad because they weren't over water either and I was begining to worry about the senses of the current generation.
For the uninitiated, the foamy ball hangs in the tree for a few days while the tadpoles get to a swim about size, then they wiggle about and kind of melt their way through the outer shell of the foam so that they can drop down into the water that should be under their foam home. In more homely news, sammy passed his tree name test, but he won't get his score and the names he got wrong till tomorrow. I had a solid day on the twigs again and also started on the parts for the door handles.