Thursday, August 09, 2007

Mystery object


Today's mystery object.
I had sammy helping out in the shop again this afternoon. He did the drilling and countersinking on the three steel hinges for the door and then cleaned off the squeeze out of caulking on the glass for the door. We popped the glass in and put a light behind just before we left for the day. I like the way the light is reflected on the metal textures and it should look OK when it is fitted. I can get sammy to finish that up tomorrow with patina and wax.
I got the basic structure for one set of shelves knocked together today and started on another. The little jig on the chop saw worked fine and I made an additional spacer for it to cut a different depth of joint. I think I had better stick with the shelves again tomorrow and then move back to forging handles when there is some finishing work for the helpers to do on the parts for the shelves before they are stuck together.