Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tear down

Today I had a call from a friend who does ironwork. He has been having trouble with the old chemical balance and has finally decided to fold up his tents and call it a day for a while. It is a shame because he has a good eye for the work. He called to say that he has asked a scrap merchant to come next week and take a look at the shop he had been renting to take all the content away for sale. So he wanted to know if I would be interested in coming along and claiming anything. I dropped tools and popped round this afternoon. I brought back quite a few bits and bobs, and I will try to get round there soonish to buy some of his materials off of him. It was sad to see all the stuff going, but he seemed somehow happier in the decision to cut back all his chattles to a minimum, and no doubt it will make it a lot easier for him to keep his balance. I have the challenge of finding a home for all the stuff I brought back, so tomorrow being the rubbish collection day for metal and glass should be a help as I can lose some of my own chattles to make way for the new. I will make some kind of effort at drawing on the morrow, it is difficult to get the brains moving today.