Monday, October 08, 2007

Grinding


Not much in the way of after effects from yesterday's exertions on the sports field. I made a start on another rack system for firewood. There are a lot of areas that need work, so I want to put some of the firewood stock on a wheeled rack to make it more flexible. I got a few lengths of square pipe from sign boards at one of the recent sites and I was cutting off some of the unnecessary bits from that with the torch and grinding back to flat metal. It should be ready to put wood on by tomorrow evening. I work on the floor a lot, so I end up crouching on top of the work on these jobs.
I have taken the guard off of this grinder to give more freedom of usage angles, but it does mean you have to be a lot more careful to avoid slips. I was wearing goggles and ear protection, but that stuff doesn't get included in the remembered self image unless I force it, the towel on the head makes it through OK for some reason.
All the recent drawings are on a little B5 sized sketch pad.