Sunday, October 07, 2007

Warm hearted


The year is turning and the stove is lit more often. I started posting back on 8 October 2006, so approaching a birthday. I see connections between this collection of stuff and the sculptures I have made. Always there each day, and always the same, but always different in some small way. Thanks for looking in, my humble appologies to all those I have upset, dissapointed or dissilusioned in any of these little snippets, my intention is basically to record some of my doings. I have very little feedback from this, but even for me it is a useful activity, so I shall aim to keep on with it.
Today was the community sports day, so I am a little orange again from exposure to the sun. All in all it was OK, our village is the smallest of the teams participating and we always struggle to get enough people to compete. We are usually last, but one year we made it to second place through some series of coincidences and miracles. There were complaints I believe.
The last event of the day is a relay of several different age groups each passing the batton to the next. This we are always last in. My Son was the anchor today, he makes it look easy to step around the track and always gives it his best despite being the last one on the field. He also sometimes does a heroic "bansai" finish with a big smile as he crosses the line. He got a big round of applause today and a lot of cheering around the track, bless him. After the event there is a little doo at the local meeting hall. The eldest chap present there made a little speech praising sammy for this attitude and it made both me and my espoused a bit misty I think.