Saturday, October 06, 2007

Ply drop


Not very satisfactory, but descriptive of the last job of the day just as dusk was falling. We live below the road level, so I can drop stuff that is not too easily damaged down into the space by the shed I have the press in. It certainly makes dealing with firewood easier, but today with a bit of care we dropped the truck load of sheets of plywood down one by one. Sammy was down below moving each one out of the way to stop the next one whacking into the edge. It is about a four or five meter drop, so after this scene I lean right down over the guard rail along the road side clutching the edge to get the piece as near the floor as I can, then let nature take its course. I wonder whether the strong link between electricity and magnetism also exists between gravity and some power we have yet to discover. Would that make it possible to generate gravity? Anyway, gravity is pretty predictable on the whole, but things can easily take a diversion when that way inclined, so sammy stays well out of the way.
We made a bit of headway with firewood as we were making space for the new arrivals. We have the community sports day tomorrow, so I guess I will have to leave off my autumnal tidying for the duration.