Wednesday, September 26, 2007

No verdict


The turntable shelf got some additions today, but no shelves yet. As I said I needed to get the wood back in to regain space. The thing turns OK and it should prove useful, but the jury is still out on the issue of whether or not it is a huge folly. If I end up cursing it a lot, then I will know. So far it seems to make that wood pile a lot more accessible and I can get whole sheets of plywood stood in it as you can see in the lower view. The top view will be the one to get the shelves when things get a bit more sorted out, I think I need to keep adding bits and bobs as I use it. For example when putting a stack of timber through the planer I may be able to use it is some way. One side (bottom right) turned into a rack for pipe clamps today and the other side (top right) could be useful as a drawing surface one day. The damp had really built up behind the stack of wood in the corner as it was, now there is enough space behind for it to stay fairly well ventilated, but I suppose it will still be a fun house for the cave dwelling insect creatures. Perhaps a drop of paint might make it less homely for them. More tidying tomorrow.