Thursday, October 11, 2007

Trolley done


I got the firewood trolley set up and half filled with wood today. I am sure I look a right nutter fiddling about with these things. One episode today involved wheeling each of the two side parts that are like huge inverted Fs (with an extra cross bar) up from the shop. On their own they just look nutty with no apparent function, making two just seems doubly foolish, but once bolted up they worked out fine and I have a lot more air around the wood stack as well as a fair bit of flexibility should I decide to revamp the kitchen wall, which is what gets covered up by the wood stack normally.
Last winter we stacked wood under the shed roof with the press, but I have a load of materials stored under there now. Reorganising those was the last job before coming in to work on the computer, but just before that I did a bit of sweeping around the area I had tidied up to place the wood trolley. A truly damp and nasty space that will now hopefully be easier to tend.