Friday, December 28, 2007

Zoom control

A little bit of a step backwards, zooming out just to show us on the wood mountain, the truck side and the distant woods and mountains. I am trying to formulate the thing into more of a picture and steping back has helped. I shall try again tomorrow with a more organized mind, I hope.
The picture below is the area of the yard in google earth. The square zigerat type things under the word "where" are last year's piles of driftwood. The people who do the job of lifting the wood out of the water and stacking it make it into regular piles so that they can measure the volume of stuff they have taken out of the water. I think the piles are about three meters high, ten feet or so. Between there and the dam in the bottom right corner the transformers for the electricity plant are laid out in a grid pattern. Just this side of the dam are the pens set up to protect the water intake for drinking water where they keep fish in nets to check whether anyone has poisoned the reservoir. Any floating fish and they stop the flow. Fun times we live in, but I am trying to stick with covering my silly little daily activities not world events.