Saturday, January 19, 2008

Parlay

The shy and retiring Skype partner about to sign off for the day. This is pretty much the scene for my regular Saturday Parlay. On a whim I captured the screen while my Dad was searching for the "end call" button. I suppose it is a breach of etiquette to pop this in, but these moments do go unrecorded and we each have only so many.
I think Skype really is a bit of a boon for us geographically challenged families.
The Lady we have staying with us at present has one daughter on a modeling job in Tokyo and another studying in London. I haven't spoken with the Tokyo branch for a few years, but yesterday we had a chat to the young lady in London. Despite the distances being so different, London somehow feels closer than Tokyo. I suppose proximity to a computer is what determines ones relative isolation when it comes to chatting about nothing in particular and there is more than a couple of walls or a dinner table between the parties concerned.