Saturday, February 09, 2008

ClustrMaps


The company that runs the free map service mailed me today that my map will be archived from tomorrow as it has been a year since I put it on the page.
From tomorrow only new dots will appear. I am sticking the thing up here to thank all those that did make dots on here before it disappears into the archive.
I had a bit of a chivying call about the chairs I am making and also a remembering experience just now about how the grain of the particular wood (Zelkova an Elm like tree) twists on itself making it quite strong even in seemingly weak orientations. Both events spurring me to get on with the little chaps and have more faith in the design idea I am pursuing.
The snow is currently piling up outside as forecast and translation work to get on with in the meantime.