Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Nasty

I managed to get enough work done to tire myself today, lots of dust and polishing. During one of my breaks pottering down to see how the little beans and radishes are coming along I spotted this husk on a plant growing out from the pond. It would have been neat to see the dragonfly emerging. There is something so threatening about this little form that one can feel the mind reassuring itself in little waves, "It's just a skin, it's harmless". There is a complicated looking snap-out-and-grab-you jaw arrangement under the chin that I didn't look too closely at, I need my sleep and I don't want him in my thoughts past bedtime. I am sure I must have been a short lived tadpole in a past life, I suppose in one way we all were.
Exactly 50mm long from snout to spike.