Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Whacker

I forgot to put my respirator on to charge yesterday, so I decided to have a day of housekeeping. Working without it in the dust would have been nasty.
The little patch of tea bushes next to the house had got completely swamped with weeds, so I went out and had a whack at them and the other wilderness area between us and the river. I mark the lilies down there with sticks before I go, so I don't whack them by accident. The rest goes. Mainly working on steep slopes, maybe this doodle conveys that, maybe not. I also felt like getting the slide for the concrete started for the incoming material for the floor downstairs. I got a stretch about 18 foot or so strung in and I will have to strengthen that a bit before I put anything down it, when these chutes fail it is not at all fun. The whacker is a frankenstinian composite of three old ones that the chap down the road gave me.