Saturday, August 02, 2008

Fire Works

Today the local community had the little festival where people dance around a kind of podium. I got called out to go along and help put up the podium this morning.
Yesterday evening we sat right down by the water so the fireworks were doubled up by the reflections. I am still feeling the effects of the walk there and back. We only had to go a little way along the side of the main road running around the lake, but because the traffic was all stopped I think the car exhaust we breathed in must have been at least a few fags worth. People don't turn off their engines even when stopped in the queue because they have the air conditioning on. It is tormenting to see about five hundred cars all stationary and running their engines. I really hope the electric car becomes a reality again soon.
Apparently there is some kind of subsidy plan being arranged between Nissan and the city we live in. Nissan is planning to release some all electric cars in 2012 or so, I wish they would release an electric version of the little 660cc truck I drive about in at the moment. I just hope the whole thing doesn't get buried like the General Motors range of cars that got crushed when they were still virtually brand new. If you have a spare hour or so...
Watch the movie it is heartbreaking.