Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Birthday


The somewhat incongruous raftlike object ready for dissasembly and transport. I had just cut all the slats to length and was measuring the cumulative gap so that I could calculate the correct spacing between them all for when I screw them in down at the yard. Thirty gaps and the space here is 330mm, so about 11mm if you are taking notes. All I need now is a suitable whale in whose throat to lodge this filtration device. 
I had a call about another little reservoir related job, so popped in to discuss that after stacking all the parts shown here at the yard near the lake. What a shame Sammy wasn't at home to give me a hand carrying it all up the stairs to the truck. 
Birthday fare to be consumed later in the evening and glasses to be raised to our boy.