Saturday, January 17, 2009

Framework

The framework mentioned yesterday. The ratchet, monkey wrench etc should give an idea of scale. I remember when I had just got the floor done in this room I had a project to build a new roof for the washing machine room with 2x4 and I was able to construct and test assemble all the wall frames in this space, which made it possible for us to get the roof off and get as far as the rafters for the new one in the same day.
A bit more cramped now. I was just adding some little diagonal struts to the metal brackets on the inside of the corners. The torch again playing up, but I got the tacks done so tomorrow I can take them off and weld up properly. The metal bars are just to extend the earth over to the far corners. You can see the three mortices in the far side ready for three 10cm square spars across the middle then a stack of timber has to be screwed in across from left to right, but not in here or it will never get out the door.