Friday, January 16, 2009

Laying about

I am persevering with the driftwood dredger for the reservoir team. I thought I could make it up in parts, but in order to coordinate holes drilled through different parts to accommodate bolts I had to clear a 2x2meter space in the shop to lay the thing out and bolt it up on the floor. I got all the relevant parts bolted together before coming up for the day. There are some cross spars to check for fit and then I must paint up the metal parts. The final assembly will have to take place in sight of a crane as the thing is too heavy to lift once assembled. I put a piece of polystyrene on the floor when I have to lay about as the concrete is not meant for comfort. I have some of those interlocking foam floor tiles in the bench room, but not in the main area where the equipment is all on wheels.