Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sofa start

A little bit of semi scale drawing to get some idea of the dimensions of timber I need to prepare for the sofa project. The size of the cushions and general ergonomics are my guide lines for scale. I still need some more ideas to come in before I actually start cutting things up, but at least I have a general idea of what kind of stuff to get into the workshop arena.
I saw Mr Obama on his first weekly address, but it is the first time I have been seriously disappointed with his team. (Apart from them messing up the actual oath taking at the inauguration) He was sat too near the camera so his eyes moving across the text made it disturbing viewing. One of my pet peaves is eye contact or lack of it. You sometimes see it in actors who have lost their place. When you look at someone close up you tend to stick on one place on the face, seeing the fellow human as an entity rather than a simple object.  I think actors sometimes lose their sense of the thesbian counterpart as an entity and their brain gets into an involuntary jam. Then, like zoo animals pacing in front of a fence. The eyes end up glancing from one eye to the other flicking across the face of the other protagonist because they have not managed to fully subsume their role and take on the makebelieve as reality. I don't imagine there are many folk that find this to be an issue and a correspondence course in how to avoid it would not make one a fortune.