Wednesday, December 13, 2006

On the shelf


A day of all sorts. Tidying up ready for more firewood first, then planking a metal shelf in my storage area. The monkeys had been using it to picnic on some of the bitter citrus fruits from the tree next to it, they were full of pips.
I wanted to get the shelf done ready for the change over from normal to snow tires. I am hoping to store the tires up on this shelf as it is just about on the level of the road and I should be able to tuck the tires in there easily. I had kept the planks back from some of the firewood and getting the nails out of them was part of the tidying up. Just before lunch I popped over to the school to pick up the furnace and sand from the casting session. I had the crane set up from hauling an empty argon cylinder up for the gas man to take away, so tied it off and managed to get everything loaded on the truck at school before anyone came out to help and then lowered it all down back at home. We were hoping to go for more wood in the afternoon but the weather failed so we just got the crane off the truck and shifted stuff around, then I moved down to the shop for some pottering around checking materials for chairs. Firewood should be the order of the day tomorrow.
Washes and charcoal on cartridge 25x32cm