Monday, December 11, 2006

Sore Saw

Charcoal again, appropriate for the firewood making theme. My saw played up in every way it could think of except snapping its chain. By the end of the day we had reconciled our differences and I withdrew my aspersions as to its parentage. I thought it was going to be a nice little saw when I bought it, but several design features would have been better removed from the drawing board and burnt. Sammy put in another good go with the axe this afternoon and got a line on some work delivering the new years cards and other post for about ten days around christmas and up to the turn of the year. He likes riding his bike, so it should be fun for him. Steps toward financial independence feel good for most people. I went on a little blog search for compressed charcoal and found a lot of very proficient drawings that made me feel like doing something similar to develop some new techniques, but my main objective here is to try my memory at drawing some of the things I do during my days on this planet, so that wil have to wait. Today my activity was taming a chainsaw.
Charcoal on cartridge 31x40cm