Saturday, June 23, 2007

Leaf test

I am not up to sketching much today either. It looks like I have a tiny bit of firescale in the eye, so I am giving the thing a rest to see if it will shift itself. So far the mote is doing a good limpit impression. I think it must have got in there off my hair or something as I had my safety glasses on for work.
These were the first try out with the pattern stamp. It worked better on a flat base than with the negative pattern underneath. So I think I can use that for something else. I will refine these a bit and then bend them into more leaf like form. Making twiggy shapes next I suppose.
If I make more it seems like it is best to leave the leaf shape less definite and then shape it after stamping as it is troublesome to match up the stamp with the leaf with any precision.