Friday, June 22, 2007

PC back


The PC is back from the hospital. It is a good job too, because I don't have the energy to get the sketchbook out. I was making up more tools for the press today, hopefully they will make leaf patterns on blank pieces to add to the window design. I ground shapes into two pieces of tool steel and then fixed a blank piece under the press and made a negative by heating that and driving my shape into it. The evening was drawing in when I finished, so I will have a go at making something with them tomorrow. The last step was heating up the face of the pieces to a nice orange and then dropping them in water to harden them up. I may not even bother to draw a temper, we'll see how they do.
It looks like we are in for a drought this year, but today there was rain, so I had to watch out for the little baby toads out seeking their fortune as I walked to and fro.