Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Plum done

The day outside was pretty warmish, but most of my work was by the sink. Not nursing a hangover, but having the water on hand to wash off the powdered glass from engraving. I am still not sure about the stained glass for the door window, but I think this one is done for now.
If the weather is still OK tomorrow I will spend some time on the door handles. If not, back to wood work making up materials for four sets of shelves. We are being promised another typhoon.
The engraving went OK, but it means wearing all the safety gear to keep out noise and dust. Listening to audio books on the headphones while working. I have a little flexible shaft that fits on a mini router tool with diamond grinding bits. When I came up from the shop at lunch time I had a most peculiar sensation in the fingers like they were made of metal springs, I could feel all the nerve impulses jingling from every movement. I think it was just from gripping the tool so tight to avoid letting it slip and make a mess as well as concentrating hard on hand to eye without paying any attention to the stuff in between, which shouted out for attention as soon as the work related action came to a halt.