Sunday, August 05, 2007

Puzzle patch


These were some of the sketches I was puzzling over yesterday. There is no end to variations for the shelf divisions, so I got my daughter involved as a second opinion. I have to make four little cupboard doors and that is what the other measured sketch is for. I want to make little raised panels for them with the tool I used on the door, so I need to know their measurements so that I can make them up in rows on a plank and then cut them off in series. Once cut from the plank they will be a lot harder to work with.
I ended up going shoping today and then welding up some thin iron frames to take the place of the leaded structure of the stained glass pieces in the door window. That seems like it will work, which is a relief. We had a nasty thunderstorm in the evening while I was welding, which gave me a couple of jumpy moments when the lightening took me by surprise.