Saturday, November 10, 2007

Terracing


My outdoor plans were sent packing by rain. I flipped over the window and cut out a load of terracing shapes for the inside of the window wall section to give it some shapely 3D qualities and cast shadows hopefully. Yesterday I had it stood up at the end of the day to see the shadow from the other side to cut out the fiddly bits of polystyrene that seemed the easiest solution for the tiny trimming pieces. No doubt some folk find these sort of concoctions of media interesting, but I am only really happy with these bodged together structures when I know they will be covered up in the end. I will apply sections of fine wire mesh around the rims of the glass areas and a bit of caulking. The wire will be bonded in place with a hot glue gun on the glass, so the polystyrene won't get melted. This can all be disassembled for the trip to the site and the final hoist into place.
Saturday is Skype day for me and my dad and I also had a chat with my brother who has been hit by a nasty affliction of the right arm and shoulder that has left him in a bit of a pickle for the moment. Thanks to modern medicine, he has a name to give the problem, but there is no speedy remedy available. So if you are of a believing nature please divert some psychic energy in his direction, I know that is what I shall be doing.