Sunday, December 02, 2007

Job done


One of those days where other duties take over and getting dirtied up drawing at the end of the day does not seem like the done thing. I took a snap of the place after we had taken all the scaffolding poles back to their bunk beds yesterday evening. Our little truck was having its MOT done, so we borrowed a 2ton number for the job. Sammy did the driving on the way back from the pole drop off as the exit from this place is a narrow road with a traffic light and a steep hill start, which was a bit too much to ask of a first timer in a bigger then usual vehicle. If you were looking at yesterdays drawing I guess it would put me standing up on that fence with white angle iron edging to the left of the structure I have just completed. That fence and the electrical boxes next door came in handy as perches for the tear down of the scaffolding. I will try to take a few more pictures that give some idea of the structure from different perspectives. We did actually have a couple of reasonable earthquakes the other week, and apparently no damage, so that was a useful test.
Today's work was mainly hauling firewood, but I did test out the shoulder on some chopping with the axe, which went OK as it doesn't really need much strength.
Hopefully there will be just enough time for me to have a tinkle on the piano before dinner goes on the table.