Saturday, December 29, 2007

Marking time

Well, I think I was being optimistic. Skyping and general holiday malais have left me with not much oomph for scribbling. I don't feel like I am coming down with a cold like young Sammy, thank goodness, but nevertheless we all have those days where distractions mount higher than we are able to climb. I had a peculiar little boost to the spirits just now as I was paying my last momentary visit to the smallest room. I could hear a couple of frogs making tentative croaks out in the rain near the pond . They really are optimists, some time in January they will be laying eggs. I hope they make it, they had better keep their croaks to a whisper in the mean time as I am sure they would be high on the list of menu alternatives for the marten that is lurking around our house. I have seen his tail disappearing a few times in daylight, but the main evidence of the fury presence aside from more substantial nocturnal sightings up on the road is his own territorial toiletry at strategic points.