Thursday, January 24, 2008

Clifton seat

I am not sure if this will be a part of one of the chairs I am embarked on making, but at least it is the seat for a chair. I did not feel any negative effects from my minor snow shifting effort yesterday, I expect my shoulder is now regretting not having complained as I trusted it to handle a bit of feedback from a dose of elbow grease applied via the curved Clifton spokeshave I own. So far I am still in working order, so I shall keep increasing the workload. I am pretty sure I will have to get back to the wood yard for firewood tomorrow or else I will be worried about running out. The snow did not ice up over night, by tomorrow I expect it will have melted over most of the locality. As long as I pick fairly solid stuff that has not soaked up the melt waters it should burn nicely. One of our neighbors also has some branches that she wants to get rid of, so I will get those at the weekend if we don't relapse into bad weather again.
I had an unusually high number of visitors yesterday, only 40 odd, but high for me, thanks for popping in. If you come back again, thanks even more. My daughter tells me that this looks more like my brother than me, so it may be that he is feeling the effects of all the work in my stead. Perhaps it is one of those reversed Dorian Gray type scenarios that we hear so much about in the news.