Sunday, February 10, 2008

Scribble pad

Some scribbling in Artrage from this evening after a day of mixed activities. The top left here is a short stub of a hollow log that I picked up from the driftwood stacks. I have cut that into diagonal slices and some of these are now shaping up into the curvy backs for the chairs. I was working on further refining their shapes today. The seat parts are coming along, but I am still pondering over all the joints and orientations. One of my aims is to make the individual parts more sculptural in the manner of the stool seat from the other day, but I would also like to keep them separate to a certain extent, not blending jointed parts together. My main area of quandry is over whether it might be fun to join some parts with iron work, but I am afraid the items would become a little too heavy as normal dining chairs.
Artrage prompted me to install an update last time I used it and that has improved the drawing experience a lot on my tablet PC, the sensitivity of pressure has altered a great deal.
I still couldn't alter the scale of a layer, but maybe that kind of functionality will also change soon. For now it is fun to use and well worth the 25 dollars even just as a sketchpad.
The map has gone blank as expected, well done to us three spots who made it on there, I hope more will follow.