Thursday, February 21, 2008

Tray


I still haven't set up a proper photo area, so just a snap again. I had a dusty session today finishing up shaping and polishing that tray from the vice picture on Feb 13th. The end of the school year is fast approaching and I didn't want to miss the retirement date for the recipient. As I sit on the sofa I can see the tray on the table and as usual the photos miss a lot. The four little pastry tab bits overlapping the pie dish looking part are quite thin and have a delicate upcurve at the nib.
Sammy came down to do a bit of work in the shop, but when he saw how dusty it was he changed his mind. My blue boiler suit had turned completely yellow. He did some useful sweeping up and wood chopping instead. My final act of the working day was smashing up an old TV that the recycle place just wouldn't take. It is awaiting its return to the mystic portal in plastic bags for metal and glass by the rubbish station.