Monday, February 11, 2008

Cluttermap

The sundry chair parts and other wood materials have now mounted to such an extent that I must have a go at clearing the decks again. I am more than slightly challenged when it comes to organizing, but when there is no longer anywhere to put stuff I know it is time to get things back to their own beds for a while. I ought to do a time lapse series one day to see how quickly these items flood on to the bench. The snow has thickened up again and it was a fun resource to stomp through while out walking the dog. Several pit stops had to be made to remove the substance from the interior recesses of the private footwear. Once that was over I had to get back to my place at the computer again. Hopefully back down in the dust dunes again tomorrow.
Last week I resolved to seek a proper solution to my daily dust inhalation and found a fairly reasonably priced all inclusive helmet arrangement from Triton tools that looks like it might add a few years of use to my lung life. Unfortunately they had stopped selling the thing in Japan, so I ordered one from Australia. I shall let you know how I get on with it. The reviews I read of it were mainly full of praise as to its ease of use despite initial concerns as to it being far into the realms of overkill. I do wear a piggy filter mask as shown in some of the drawings, but they are exceedingly uncomfortable after a few hours trapped inside, and I also have to wear goggles and ear protectors on top. Luckily I usually work alone, so I won't have to suffer jibes with regard to my appearance in the hazardous materials handler ensemble when it arrives.